Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Easter

My Grandma's Easter is different than mine. She is Orthodox, so they celebrate on a different calendar. Her Easter is tomorrow, the service was tonight starting at 11:30pm. I went over to her house to hang out for a bit before my aunts left for the service, because I wanted to say HI and give my aunt her basket cover that I made. I had intended to stay for a bit, then come home and get some stuff done while waiting for my aunts to get back home. You see, it's tradition that after the service, we have a little snack of the food that got blessed at the service. A bit of ham, sausage, home made bread and poppy seed bread, and hard boiled eggs. Its pretty much what we will have for lunch tomorrow as well, though there is more stuff tomorrow.

Anyway, I was going to go home and wait for them, but Grandma has Direct TV, and I got pulled in by the programming, and then there didn't seem a point to going home (home is all of three houses down and one house over) so I watched Mythbusters, The Chronicles of Riddick/Dirty Jobs, this program on History Channel about the Dust Bowl, and some of the Matrix. The my aunts got back, we had some foods, and one of my aunts drove me home. And this year I DIDN'T fall down! And now I need to go to bed, so I can get up and go to church, the spend a large portion of the day with my family, which requires more sleep than I'm going to get tonight. Happy Holidays all!
Kira Out

No comments:

Post a Comment