Friday, April 3, 2009

All about me, part 4


So, somewhere in there I also got my tongue, nose, and lip pierced. Just saying. Also, I interned at two zoos. The first one was the Great Plains Zoo in Sioux Falls, SD. That was the summer after my junior year. It was really fun, and really awesome, and at times kinda scary. Grizzly bears, even behind bars, are FREAKY! I love them, but really, they are NOT to be messed with! The cats were awesome. Less scary than the bears, and I loved them to death.
I could post about all the animals all day! But on to the next place. This last summer, after graduating, I interned at the Wildlife Safari Park, in Winston OR. Great place, horrible weather. I'm used to rain and thunderstorms in the summer. There is it HOT and dry all summer. Oi! But I got to work with all of the animals, including giraffes! And this little guy. He's a prehensile tail porcupine, and I think he's about the cutest thing ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment