Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 5

So I currently have two jobs, at the Phoenix Zoo, and at PetCo. The zoo is my intended career, PetCo is a means to making ends meet. I greatly dislike that job. I really like my job at the zoo, I get to do all kinds of awesome things. One of those things is the subject of today's photo. I work with the education, show, and outreach animals at the zoo, which means that we have to be able to handle our animals, and they have to be fine with it. Animals rarely come to us willing to be handled, so we have to work with them at it. Currently I am training a Great Horned Owl, getting him to chill the fuck out on the glove, being collected from his enclosure, being returned to it, etc. Eventually we'll work on crating, but for now, I'm just happy when he's sitting nicely!

Since you can't see his face in this one, today's post is a twofer!

1 comment: