Tuesday, February 23, 2010

hello square one, nice to see you again

I'm back to applying for zoo jobs again. I took some time off from it for a while because I craved some consistency and stability in my life after 4 and a half years of a seasonally nomadic existence. I wanted to sit still and stay on one place for a bit. But while I really like my current job, it's not something that I can do for long, and I don't want to put down any really firm roots here (like a year long lease or something), so I'm back to trying to get a job I want for a while. So far I have applied to three zoos:

Lincoln Park Zoo (Chicago, IL) for a seal keeper position
Dallas Zoo (Dallas, TX) for a mammal keeper position
Jackson Zoo (Jackson, MS) for a general keeper position

I really hope I get one of these jobs. I just need to get a foot in at a zoo, go there, work for 2 or so years, then if I don't like it I will have the experience to try to get a position I might like better. Ideally I would like a job around the Midwest so I'm not moving really far from my family, but Texas and Mississippi are both better than Oregon, and I've been there. Wish me luck!

In other news, I have not had any chocolate yet. This is actually quite impressive for me since I have dark chocolate squares and chocolate covered espresso beans in my room.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you! I know first hand that chocolate really DOES have a voice.

    ReplyDelete